AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting FDO Geometry to Drawings Coordinate System

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1166 Views, 5 Replies

Converting FDO Geometry to Drawings Coordinate System

I have written a plugin that displays shapes from an ArcSDE Geodatabase on top of an AutoCAD drawing.  The Geodatabase is in Web Mercator projection. This works fine with blank drawings, but if a user opens a drawing that has been assigned a different coordinate system (say, UTM27), AutoCAD is not projecting the geodatabase shapes to the drawings native coordinate system.

Does anyone know if or how I can make it do this transformation?

Thanks,

-andy h.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Andy,

Would you elaborate on the plugin you speak of?

It will be difficult to help without some insight into its architecture.

r,

dennis

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dennis,

My plugin is basically a more user friendly wrapper for the Map 3D task pane... we have pre-defined .layer files, and I've added a Palette so users just push a button and the .layer files will be loaded, using the OSGeo API.  Then, when editing is happening, I listen for the Check In command to start and set a few properties before (LastModifiedBy, DateLastModified) on their way out.  I also have buttons that call the command for 'New Feature', and other buttons that just fire commands to the command line.

Thanks,

-andy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

andy,

Your version of Map3d?

Certainly V2012 of Map3d/FDO _automagically_ does the projection to the coordinate system that was assigned to the dwg (if need be).

r,

dennis

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

OK, that makes sense. I think the problem now is that AutoCAD doesn't recognize the coordinate system of my Geodatabase (Web Mercator (EPSG: 3785)), sense in the Connection Window it says <unknown> under Coordinate system for the layer. Do you know how I might add it?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I was able to fix the problem.  The problem was, in the Override Coordinate Systems window, there were three rows listed, one said LL84, the other two were <unknown>. I had set to override the first row with Pseudo Mercator, but just left the other two alone.  Once I added overrides for each of the three rows in that table, everything re-projected to my drawings coordinate system.  I didn't even need to add a new coordinate system, the Pseudo Mercator worked fine.

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost