AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Geo-referenced image using automation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doni49
730 Views, 3 Replies

Attach Geo-referenced image using automation

We have georeferenced image files (some SID and some TIFF) and we ACAD Map 3D (currently 2012 -- so to switch to 2014).  Our dwg files are always in one of 3 cooridinate systems (MO83-WF, MO83-CF or MO83-EF). 

But when the user attaches a raster file, the raster has it's own coordinate system (UTM83-15) that we normally assign when we attach it.

I'd really like to automate this process.  I can easily handle the first part (asking the user which CS the dwg belongs in and assigning it.  But I'm having serious difficulty with the second part.  I originally started this process with trying to use Map 3D's built-in Workflow system to do this but that's not working out (here's my thread on that topic for those interested:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D-General/Creating-a-Workflow-in-Acad-Map-3d-gt-Assign-Co...).

After the global CS is assigned, our normal workflow is:

1. MapSetup>Connect
  2. Add Raster Image or Surface Connection
  3. Choose an image file
  4. Then after choosing the file and "Connect" you'll see something like the following dialog box. AssignCoord2.png
  5. Double click on the image in the dialog and you'll see the following dialog box.  AssignCoord3.png
  6. Highlight Default and Click on Edit.
  7. Then choose the coordinate system (UTM83-15).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: doni49

Hi Don,

Did you check the "BuildMap" Sample in Map 3D SDK ?

Map ObjectARX SDK 2014\Map Samples\Platform\BuildMap

Does it help ?

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

With QGIS and GDAL Tools you can convert your TIF to GeoTIF by assigning a CS to your pictures, and MAP 3D read this CS when connecting with FDO

Olivier

Message 4 of 4

You should definitly have a look to the BuildMap example like Partha suggests. I've done a similar project starting from this example.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost