Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cabletray?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mike.gustus
800 Views, 7 Replies

cabletray?

I was at the Autodesk expo the other day and during one of the presentations they showed some cabletray that was a like a open top type of tray, kind of like this shape [ but sideways. I went through all the styles I can find in MEP 2009 and the only style of tray I can find looks more like [] but sideways? Where can I find the open top type tray?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mike.gustus

Hi Mike,

That type of cable tray is available in the Global and UK profiles. We have a wishlist item to add this type to US Imperial also, so it should be available there in a future release.

HTH,
Eric
Message 3 of 8
mike.gustus

that is weird. why leave it out for one profile? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to add into it.

thanks for the response.
Message 4 of 8

Mike-

You can actually achieve this in any drawing, it is a matter of modifying the Display Configuration.

Here are the steps assuming you are In a 'default' template drawing:
1. Switch to a 3D view,
2. Open Display Manager (DM).
3. You see should under Configurations > MEP Design > MEP Design Model is Bold (this indicates it is the 'current' display set utilized for display)
4. Select the MEP Design Model set.
5. On the Right side of DM, select the Display Representation Control tab.
6. Check the boxes at the intersection of :
a. Cable Tray / Cable Tray Model
b. Cable Tray Fitting / Cable Tray Fitting Model.
7. On the Left side of DM, browse to and select: Representations By Object > Cable Tray > Model
8. On the Right side of DM, on the Layer/Color/Linetype tab, Turn off the 'Visible' setting for 'Contour'.
7. On the Left side of DM, browse to and select: Representations By Object > Cable Tray Fitting > Model
8. On the Right side of DM, on the Layer/Color/Linetype tab, Turn off the 'Visible' setting for 'Contour'.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
mike.gustus

"6. Check the boxes at the intersection of :
a. Cable Tray / Cable Tray Model
b. Cable Tray Fitting / Cable Tray Fitting Model."

There is a check box for item (a) but not for item (b)? How do I get this to be checkable?
Message 6 of 8
mike.gustus

also, following your steps, the results are that I get a standard looking block cabletray for the straight runs but bends look similar to the wirebasket style available in the Metric settings, except the sides are missing on horizontal bends not the top like it should be. close but not close enough. thanks for the help tho.
Message 7 of 8

Hi Mike-

Sounds like something may not be configured quite right... take a look at the attached image... this is what I'm seeing, which seems to be what you originally described. What would you like to see different about it?

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8

Hmm... now I think I am seeing what you are explaining in your last post. Seems that first routing a segment in a UK profile turns on some functionality that is then available in the Imperial profile. I saw what you explained when I restarted AMEP from the Imperial profile only. it appears that this may be more than just the display settings. I'll post if I learn anything further.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost