Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping Elbow at Fall Display Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
630 Views, 3 Replies

Piping Elbow at Fall Display Problem

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to read.

I am currently doing a soil vent pipe layout in a basement. The 'spine' of the system is at a fall of 1:100, and the branches that are connecting at 45 degree angles are doing so at 1:100 fall also. My problem comes with the elbows of those falls; in plan view, 3D rotate view and hide view, these elbows only appear as a centre line. However, if I delete the connectors either end of it, it miraculously appears as it should. Also if I move the elbow out it displays as it should, so I don't think this is a problem with display manager settings. Please see the image attached; the elbow that is floating unconnected is the one to its immediate left, just moved to the right on it's own. I have about 200 or so of these branch connections on this drawing and it looks pretty awful!

Coupled with the fact that I am coordinating it with 4 systems of cable tray which decides to constantly 'invert' itself (which I know has been a known problem for sometime!) I've lost a bit of faith in MEP at the moment.

When I draw the SVP's at a flat fall the elbows display fine. Similarly; I have tried a number of different falls and I also encounter this display problem.

Have any of you ever encountered this? And if so is there a 'workaround?'

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Stu

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

Does it do this in all of your drawings?  If no, then take a new drawing and draw a sloping main with a takeoff.  Make sure it displays correctly. and then delete the piping.  Go to the file that displays incorrectly and copy and paste the piping into the new drawing and see if it is displaying correctly then.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. I tried drawing into a brand new template as supplied by Autodesk (Aecb Model (UK Ctb).dwt) and exactly the same thing happened, the elbows just show as a centre line. I've attached the image to show this. As you can see, on the first bend I have deleted the connectors either side and it shows fine. Also, the second fitting at the top I have copied to the right and it shows ok. It seems to be the connectors that cause this display problem.

What I will do is also try it on a colleagues machine, but I am sure I had this same problem at my old place of employment which was a complete different machine and install. I shall post here with my findings.

Thanks

Stu

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok, I tried it on another machine and noticed that their default coupling was 'two piece joint coupling', whereas I need to use the 'cast iron plain coupling'. For now I am using the 'two piece joint coupling', but I think this may need to be investigated for future patches?

Thanks
Stu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost