Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Devices should Auto Rotate...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
210 Views, 0 Replies

Wall Devices should Auto Rotate...

A while back, I developed a 'smart-insert' ARX routine for Autocad 2000 that would recognize polylines that are on a certain layer representing room outlines as 'walls', and when inserting receptacles, switches, etc. intended to go on walls would filter out everything except these polylines to snap to... the deveices would then snap onto these 'walls', and evaluate the geometry and rotate such that they were inserted 'perpendicular' to the wall, and 'inside' the room. It seems that this would be a relatively simple implementation in Building Systems. If using actual AEC Wall objects, the normal of the wall could be easily discerned, and for those of us who also work w/ architects still using vanilla acad AcDbLines/Polylines/Arcs (etc), should also have the capibility to recognize that the device should be perpendicular to the wall, one way or the other - not a complete 360 degree/select rotation angle. If only I had the necessary SDK to create this... My 2c. -- Thanks, Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report