Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking of Ceiling grids using Building systems 2x4 fixtures

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
230 Views, 3 Replies

Masking of Ceiling grids using Building systems 2x4 fixtures

We are a full service Architecture and Engineering office where, at critical times, architectural cad personnel may work on engineering drawings and engineering cad personnel may work on architectural drawings. Currently Building systems 2x4 light fixtures and return air grills will snap to Architectural desktop created 2x2 ceiling grids. However, they do not mask the center ceiling grid bar when inserted. If the Architectural desktop 2x4 light fixture is used, it does mask the grid. Please revise software to allow architectural desktop generated 2x2 ceiling grid masking upon insertion of building systems 2x4 lighting fixtures and 2x4 HVAC Ceiling diffusers or return grills. These two systems (Architectural and Building systems) need to have more compatibility when it comes to symbol insertion. The Architectural electrical, HVAC and plumbing symbol styles should be the same symbols as in Building systems. Mike Abernethy, LC Lighting and Electrical Designer ZMM, Inc
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a known bug, which I believe is fixed in 2k5....
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I totally agree... although I haven't used BS/ADT yet. However, I'm thinking if an architect works in ADT w/ a client, and specifically lays out receptacles, fixtures, etc, that BS should be able to read them as if they were BS objects, w/ connections, etc. L8r, MS > > These two systems (Architectural and Building systems) need to have more > compatibility when it comes to symbol insertion. The Architectural > electrical, HVAC and plumbing symbol styles should be the same symbols as in > Building systems. > > Mike Abernethy, LC > Lighting and Electrical Designer > ZMM, Inc > >
Message 4 of 4
BHashman

This feature is now in ABS 2005. I have not used it, but it's talked about inthe new features on the install cd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report