AutoCAD MEP Wishes

Valued Contributor
brian.breslin
Message 11 of 19 (2,153 Views)

Re: MV Parts

03-25-2010 07:59 AM in reply to: *Matt
Extract Fans & AHU's are very poor in MEP, is any plans to get more \ better blocks. Take a manufacturers catalog and replicate it?

Ive gave up to be honest with MEP's, just been creating my own using dustwork as the base.
Valued Contributor
brian.breslin
Message 12 of 19 (2,153 Views)

03-25-2010 08:00 AM in reply to: *Matt
Agreed, that's why I did these.
Valued Contributor
brian.breslin
Message 13 of 19 (2,153 Views)

03-25-2010 08:02 AM in reply to: *Matt
And another thing, why does Butt weld not go past 150mm dia.?
WSPLS
Message 14 of 19 (2,153 Views)

03-30-2010 07:13 PM in reply to: *Matt
Wants:
Adjustable grille sizes, louvres. (at the moment I use duct fittings)
Cushion heads
More pumps, especially with a top discharge that is centered
Chillers, able to change the size. (doing a project at the moments with an aircooled chiller 7 metres long)

I use duct to create parts, fans, coils, ahu, vav boxes, grilles, diffusers, cushionheads, pumps, chillers etc, etc. I have been trying to learn how to create 3D models but unfortunately this takes time and time at work is something I lack.

I do not know what your background is or who you consult, but it might be worth talking to a draftee, who are the predominent users of MEP, having been working in the industry for 14 years I put my hand up but I don't come cheap. :smileyhappy:

It would also be worth talking to the suppliers and telling them it would be in there best interest to supply 3D models. I have talked to a few suppliers and most don't know Revit or MEP exists. Marketing the product to suppliers would be well worth your time.

MEP and Revit is the next transition to building services, like AutoCAD was to drafting machines. People don't like change, I had a hard time convincing my employer to switch to AutoCAD and if it is not made easy then people will not buy the product.
Distinguished Contributor
alan.skipper
Message 15 of 19 (2,153 Views)

04-29-2010 05:53 AM in reply to: *Matt
I still don't believe that Autodesk talk to engineers or drafters; certainly not UK ones. I've been suggesting that they do this for years; perhaps the product is not really designed to be used by engineers or drafters.
Rui_Pedro_Silva
Message 16 of 19 (1,983 Views)

03-27-2012 04:09 AM in reply to: *Matt

By the way... i was just working on my Autocad MEP 3D model when i faced the same problem that many people reported here, lack of many equipments on your mvparts, and from the other side, many that we make no use at all here in our office.

So just passing by to ask everybody if this problem has already some developments?

Does anyone know of a good website to get some HVAC Mvparts, i am looking for fan coil units, floor mounted if possible, i know there is some available right out of the box, but not exactly what i am looking for.

thank you guys... i'll be around to know more about this topic.

Distinguished Contributor
alan.skipper
Message 17 of 19 (1,964 Views)

04-16-2012 01:20 AM in reply to: *Matt

How about some MV parts that are actually used in the UK.

Contributor
dmurov
Message 18 of 19 (1,959 Views)

04-19-2012 07:18 AM in reply to: *Matt

Hangers & Supports.  J-hangers, Clevis hangers, etc.  with all thread rods that can be set to a specific elevation (not per support length...current UK hanger system).  Rods should also be able to extend to sloping slabs (similar) to pipe.

juliajin1
Message 19 of 19 (1,929 Views)

06-09-2012 04:43 AM in reply to: *Matt

The ones I am aggravating to use are Titus TMRA. I achievement I don't accept to go to the bang-up and say you charge to absorb added money if you wish me to do my job properly. Who came up with the 2 baby diffusers as getting representattive of annular cone diffusers. Why isn't annihilation larger, or even parametrically available?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community