Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Fixture Manufacturers information

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
230 Views, 1 Reply

Lighting Fixture Manufacturers information

Most lighting designers use the same symbol type for several diffent fixture catalog numbers. A 2x2 recessed troffer symbol may represent several differnt fixture designs and catalog numbers. Currently the catalog information is associuated with the fixture symbol rather than the fixture label. Please make provisions to allow the lighting fixture symbol label to contain the information for the lighting fixture schedule, ie manufacturer, catalog number, lamp type, lamp quantity, voltage, remarks, rather than the symbol itself. Then arrange for the Lighting fixture schedule to count the symbol labels and utilize the label information in the schedule. This would provide for the insertion of all of the fixture symbols during the schematic or design development phase of the project and then when fixture types were selected later in the project, the labels could be specified and the fixture schedule would relate to those final selections. This change would allow more flexibility when the architect changes the use or the finishes of rooms during the project. Michael Abernethy, LC Lighting designer ZMM, Inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tarmbruster
in reply to: Anonymous

Mike,
What I did once the style was created in the drawing, I renamed it Type A then copied the style and renamed it Type B. So now I have 2 2X2 lighting fixtures each with there own lighting fixture types.
Hope this helps
Toma1379

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report