Did you mean: 

Edit panel schedule on the fly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mark_Richards
1331 Views, 3 Replies

Edit panel schedule on the fly

I'm re-posting this as I've been squaking about it for years:

When circuiting a drawing, if you would like to connect to a panel in a different drawing but the breaker needs to be added / edited, you need to save/close the current drawing, open the panel drawing,  edit/save/close the panel drawing, then go back to the original drawing.  That takes a long time.  Let me say it again (loudly); THIS IS HUGE. THE WORKFLOW OF THIS IS MISERY. The whole point of a package like this is to design electrical systems, yet one needs to figure out what breakers one needs BEFORE circuiting loads.  That is backwards.  You need to be able to somehow add a circuit on the fly, kind of like right clicking on a panel and getting the "connect to...." prompt.  That engine can add a breaker on the fly, why not extend it to devices, etc???

Here's what I'm thinking:

When you start the addwire command you can go to the properties panel to pick the panel.  Below that, where you normally select the circuit, you would have a right click option or button like"add new circuit".

Please please please and thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

nice information. thank you for sharing it.

thanks

packersm

Message 3 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: Mark_Richards

I can see where this would be useful.  While I am not working with MEP from an engineering design persepective, my company is looking towards that direction, and the easier it is for our users, the more likely they will be to accept it.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 4 of 4
99thin
in reply to: Mark_Richards

very useful information. thanks a lot for this.

thanks

99thin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report