Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-Line by size for Duct objects too!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
JayAyalaATG
206 Views, 0 Replies

1-Line by size for Duct objects too!

I like the "1-Line by size" ability for Pipes. Its a great feature that especially well with my companys corporate standads. I only wish this was available for Ducts as well. I think the addition of this feature would help out many companies in the Construction Document Phase.

Our drawings tend to get so crowded with ductwork and our plot styles tend to plot out smaller ductwork with a lot more emphasis. Not that the lines are actually any thicker, its just that when lines that have an assigned thickness are closer together they tend to stand out a lot more. Not only that, but the primary reason for the single-line below 6" policy at HDR Architecture is that we assume legal liability as far as contractor bill of materials go. I don't exactly know how that works, but we can thank our legal department for driving that policy. But personally, I kind of like it. Its the way I have always drawn HVAC systems, and in my oppinion, I just think it looks a lot more organized.

Anyway, I hope the software developers at AutoDesk see this post and give it some serious consideration if they havn't already.

Please see this thread titled "Double to Single Duct" Originally posted by Griftin on May 18th, 2006:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=473689
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report