Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wires not shown up in iso view

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
cbennett13
1228 Views, 15 Replies

wires not shown up in iso view

I'm new to Autocad mep. Idrew wires in my model, when i want to see them in an iso view they disappear. And when i create a navisworks they do not show up at all. Using Autocad MEP 2015.  

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pothied
in reply to: cbennett13

The wire object is not designed to display in anything other than a plan view. It is a 2D object only. It doesn't have a 3D display option.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 16
VitalyF

Hi,

In addition to pothied...

If you want to see the wire in the ISO, such as for presentations, you should build a 3D polyline and then convert it into the wire

good luck

Message 4 of 16
pothied
in reply to: VitalyF

It doesn't matter how the wire becomes a wire. Once it is converted to a wire, it will not show in 3D views. You can keep the 3D polyline behind when you convert it to a wire but you would be seeing the polyline, not the wire in 3D and if you move the wire, you would also have to move the polyline.

David Pothier

Message 5 of 16
Keith.Brown

Maybe i don't quite understand the question but this worked for me.

1.  Note the display representation that you are currently in.  In this case it is MEP DESIGN.

2. Make sure that your drawing is in an isometric view.

3. Open up the Display Manager and expand Representations by Object.

4. Scroll down and select Wire.  Select the actual Wire Heading and not the sub headings below it.

5. In the right hand side in the General row scroll over until you get to the MEP Design - Model column and place a check mark at the intersection of the row/column.

6. Repeat for General Screened.

7. Hit ok and your wires will show in isometric view.

Please note that this was done on an out of the box template an no other changes were made.  It is possible that your display styles have been modified and need to be modified differently.  But the concept will be the same.

Also, inside of navisworks under Options-File Readers-DWG/DXF make sure that the check box for Use ADT Standard Configuration is unchecked.  This will force Navisworks to display AutoCAD MEP files in the Standard Display Configuration which is what you dont want.

Hope this helps.

** EDIT **  In Step 5 i have the column and row descriptions swapped.  They should now be correct.

Wires in Iso.jpg

Message 6 of 16
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Here is an example drawing that demonstrates modifying the display manager for wires and having them show up in an isometric view.

Message 7 of 16
pothied

Sorry Keith, I stand corrected. I didn't see the option for the general display of the wire in the display manager.

Thanks for providing the solution.

David Pothier

Message 8 of 16
VitalyF
in reply to: pothied

>Keith Brown

Your wire is not 3d...

Conventional devices and the wire at different levels. Wire has a drop and rise 

See above my post

>pothied

...convert it into the wire and > Erase layout geometry? Yes

Setup display setting as above and see 3d wire

3dWire.gif

Message 9 of 16
Keith.Brown

@VitalyF wrote:

>Keith Brown

Your wire is not 3d...

The original question did not ask to draw wires in 3D.  They only wanted to see the 2D wires that they drew in an isometric view.  My post above showed how that was done.

Your post showed how to draw them in 3D which was nice but did not address the original question.

Message 10 of 16
VitalyF

...They only wanted to see the 2D wires that they drew in an isometric view

Iso view of the wire makes sense only as a presentation or show a front view for elevation 

...this view does not correspond to reality...))

Message 11 of 16
Keith.Brown

...this view does not correspond to reality...))

I currently have a piece of paper sitting at the far left of my desk.  I am sitting at the middle of my desk.  When i glance at the flat 2D piece of paper i am looking at it from an isometric angle.  True story.

Message 12 of 16
VitalyF

Iso view of the wire makes sense only as a presentation or show a front view for elevation Only!!!

Message 13 of 16
cbennett13

It is for a presentation to our customer, he wanted to see the wires. Thanks to everyone for your answers, they were helpful.

Message 14 of 16
VitalyF

>cbennett13 cbenn

Kudos.gif

Message 15 of 16
jorgeduardofl

Just what i wanted

Message 16 of 16
jorgeduardofl

Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost