Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walls disappear in xref is this an ABS thing?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
bil-with-one-L
843 Views, 9 Replies

walls disappear in xref is this an ABS thing?

I've posted this at the ADT discussion group too, but since this may relate to the ABS prgram that I'm working from I'll post it here too. -- I've got a drawing where the walls show up just fine... looks lovely. When I xref the file however... my doors are there... my columns are there... but my walls just don't show up. actually they show up in the front or iso views just not the plan view. -- I'm using ABS2004, I've turned on and thawed every layer. I've tried all of the display configs and the walls show up in the diagnostic config and the reflect configs. -- it's almost as if the normals are messed up... is this possible... is this fixable.. does anyone have any other ideas? -- As I've stated before I'm new to ADT and ABS and might be unaware of settings. -- thanks for any help.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: bil-with-one-L

Hi,

Have you checked in the Display Manager
that the walls have a Display Representation activated?

In ABS Floor Plan it should be Plan
Screened.

Lars-Ake Johansson

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I've
posted this at the ADT discussion group too, but since this may relate to the
ABS prgram that I'm working from I'll post it here too. -- I've got a drawing
where the walls show up just fine... looks lovely. When I xref the file
however... my doors are there... my columns are there... but my walls just
don't show up. actually they show up in the front or iso views just not the
plan view. -- I'm using ABS2004, I've turned on and thawed every layer. I've
tried all of the display configs and the walls show up in the diagnostic
config and the reflect configs. -- it's almost as if the normals are messed
up... is this possible... is this fixable.. does anyone have any other ideas?
-- As I've stated before I'm new to ADT and ABS and might be unaware of
settings. -- thanks for any help.
Message 3 of 10

just checked... and it is as you've suggested it should be. any other idea's?
Message 4 of 10

here's an interesting twist (in my mind) If i use the project navigator to attach the file... the walls won't show. If I use the xref manager to attach the file... they show just fine... am I just stating something that everyone else already knows? Is this how it's supposed to be? should i be using teh xref manager and not the project navigator to xref my files? Anyone have any thoughts here?
Message 5 of 10

Hi Bil -

Could you please check the color of all of the A-Anno-Scrn layers in the drawing (including the ones in the Xrefs)?
Message 6 of 10

I hope i understand what you are asking... there are two such layers one in the drawing I am xrefing into, one in an xref for the drawing giving me the problem. both layers are color 8. -- Is this what you wanted to know... if not I'm not sure what exactly you're asking me to check (or why)
Message 7 of 10

okay... i'm hoping this helps you to help me. I've discovered that as long as the xref is inserted at an elevation of 3'6 or less the walls show up... but from 3'7 and above the walls won't show. -- I'm sure this has to be tied to some kind of setting. What can it be?
Message 8 of 10

Depending on what template has been used to create the architectural background, it my be very hard to see the architectural background. The color of the A-Anno-Scrn layer, in the ADT 2004 templates is color 250. If you are running with a black background color 250 can be very hard to see and you may think that the information isn't there.

Would it be possible for you to email me one of the drawings?

jason
Message 9 of 10

Format -> Display Manager -> Configurations -> [Bold Config] -> Cut Plan Tab and change the cut plan to a higher value.
Message 10 of 10

I've changed it now to everything from 4' to 24' and still my walls aren't showing up. My building is only two stories... 22' high. I'm sure that this is where the issue is but is there a second setting or step that makes this actually go into effect. Wait! I'm changing it in the drawing that i'm xrefing into... do i need to change it in the drawing that i'm xrefing? -- Okay I did that and it finally worked... I'm still confused as heck about what all this means... but I thank you for helping me to resolve the specific issue... I'll have to try to find some documentation on what exactly all of this means... I don't see anything that extensive in the ABS help files or concept guide. --
Thanks Again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost