AutoCAD MEP General

Valued Contributor
mjmpe
Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

stumped on elevations in my drwg.

255 Views, 1 Replies
01-05-2013 10:15 AM

I inserted a duct drwg and a background in my drwg started drwg my piping and put my elevations in at 10'-0" (center) did the whole drwg. Then went into navis and saw that my pipe is way below the duct looks like it is at the wrong elevation. so I opened the duct drwg separate and his elevation is accurate in the properties dialog box, so then went back in my drwg checked my piping and in the properties box it calls out to be 10'-0" which is what it should be, so where would my problem be. it looks like the duct is correct measuring it off the arch background and my piping looks wrong,  but if it calls out to be 10'-0" then what should I do? help me please, its so frustrating.

thanks

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 2 (181 Views)

Re: stumped on elevations in my drwg.

01-29-2013 10:03 AM in reply to: mjmpe

It is only logical that if both the duct and pipe elevations  are accurate in their own drawing then the problem must be how you are bringing them together.  When xrefing the duct into your piping drawing make sure that the duct is xrefed in at the correct elevation.  That is if they are both on the same floor then they should probably both have a z elevation of 0 feet.  The same applies to navisworks.  It is possible to move drawings around in navisworks also.  Make sure that they are both elevated correctly in that program.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community