Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sloped piping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mjmpe
769 Views, 4 Replies

sloped piping

I am trying to draw sloped piping and having trouble, can you walk me thru the steps. I am looking to draw 1/8"/ft. and when I type in the 1/8 in the slope box and I go to check it, it comes out to be a long number in decimal form

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Happypants2112
in reply to: mjmpe

Set your Pipe Layout Preferences to match the attached PDF and you should be good to go.

Message 3 of 5
Keith.Brown

You can get to the pipe preferences by typing PIPEPREFERENCES at the command line or by being in the piping workspace and selecting it from the manage tab on the ribbon.

Please note that the slope does not reset after you are finished with your slope run.  You will need to reset the slope to 0 again to create a non-slope piping run.  Also, the slope of the pipe is always from connector 1 to connector 2.  So it is possible to have two pipes that look exactly alike but one has a slope of positive 1/8 and the other has a slope of negative 1/8.  I only mention this because I have had people erase and redraw their pipe because they thought they slope was incorrect.  If you always draw in the direction of flow then this should not be an issue.  But keep this in mind when connecting two disjoined systems of pipe.  The pipe you select first will become connector 1 and will set the slope.

Message 4 of 5
mjmpe
in reply to: Happypants2112

where do i find the piping preference box?

Message 5 of 5
Happypants2112

Verify you are in the Piping Workspace and either type PIPEPREFERENCES on the command line or in the MANAGE Ribbon Tab select PIPING PREFERENCES then make sure you are in the GENERAL tab. 

Dude, you've got to try harder than that to figure this stuff out.  Keith just spelled all this out for you in the previous post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost