Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parametric parts labels

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tompilzys
408 Views, 1 Reply

parametric parts labels

Hello,

I made my own grills, valves etc. Now when i use them in the drawing i would like to see also description next to the parts. For example the type of the grill and the size.

Like for example labels that show diameter or central line  of the ducts - they appear automaticaly.

Anyone can help?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dtiemeyer
in reply to: tompilzys

You best bet is to select the diffuser the go to Properties > Extended Data and see if the information you are looking to display is in that dialog already. If it is, you can just use the AECDEFINETAG command to create a tag that reads those Property Sets & Properties. If your data isnt there, then you'll need to define the Property Set Definition & Properties, then build the tag. Also, using the Add MvPart dialog to place diffusers will not automatically tag them during placement. The tagging process is separate from the content placement process. You could combine the tag and diffuser (or whatever) into a block, then use a tool palette button to place & explode that block, but this is an ugly workaround. 

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost