Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to find book/CD for MEP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjmpe
852 Views, 3 Replies

need to find book/CD for MEP

okay, I know I have been on here asking questions already for MEP. I have been tweeking drwgs for the last few months but now I think I am going to be starting to draw my own job and I am nervous cause I do not feel 100% comfortable with this program. Where would I go to get the best book/ CD/ anything?? to help me get started from the beginning. I feel like I  need to learn how to set my catalogs up with all the correct fittings for the type of pipe I am going to draw. I am kinda winging it lately. I am more a visual learner than to follow a book but that would be good to have to reference back to.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

This is a link to the definitave book on Autocad MEP.  It is written by a collection of experts of both Autocad Architecture and Autocad MEP.

http://paulaubin.com/books/the-aubin-academy-master-series-autocad-mep-2012-2013-and-beyond/

I would definately recommend getting any of the books in the series at a minimum and getting the late3st version if you can.

I would also recommend looking at www.cadlearning.com.

When I was first learning Autocad MEP 2010 I used cadlearning.com.  Their video series for that 2010 was excellent and taught me almost everything I needed to know.

Get a login at Autodesk University and download every class that pertains to Autocad MEP and Autocad Architecture.  The Architecture classes will help you with things that are in both programs.  Think Display Representations and Schedules. 

Search YouTube for videos.  Some of the best are by Autodesk.  Try this one first  YouTube

Finally I have started a blog where I outline how to use some of the advanced features of Autocad MEP.  Everyone knows how to tag the elevation of a piece of duct/pipe.  But do you know how to tag it so that it will tell you if it is below the ceiling?  You will be able to find that information along with much more soon.  You can find it at

CAD Engineered Solutions

Lastly just use GOOGLE.  It is your friend.  Sleep with it, feed it, make love to it because it will repay you tenfold.

Message 3 of 4
ElSid
in reply to: mjmpe

I second Pual Aubins books.  Mike Schmidt used to contribute a lot more on the forums, and he is one of the credited authors.

I have not tried the other tutorials ... company is on subscription, so being able to talk to someone gets me a resolution PDQ 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ElSid

I forgot to mention in my original reply that I would also download the tutorial from Autodesk on how to use Autocad MEP.  It is for the 2010 version but it is still relevant for the current version.  You can download the tutorial from this location.

Autocad mep 2010 Tutorial

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost