Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you add more pipe sizes to the tool palette

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mjmpe
769 Views, 2 Replies

how do you add more pipe sizes to the tool palette

I am trying to figure out how to work this MEP. Do I want to set pipe sizes to my tool palette? and if I do, how do I go about doing that.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
s.lawrence
in reply to: mjmpe

Pipe sizes are controlled in 'style manager/piping objects/pipe part routing preference-prefernces tab.

From here you can define pipe sizes, pipe types and the fittings that match that system.

To choose what system you are drawing is all controlled on the properties pallette.

HTH,

Stu

Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: s.lawrence

I think you are talking about the TOOL palette and not the PROPERTY palette.  They are two different palettes.  To add a size to the tool palette the easiest thing to do is right click and copy an existing size.  Right click again in an empty space in the palette and select paste this time.  You can click and drag the new tool anywhere in the palette that you want.  Right click again on the new tool and this time select properties.  This will bring up the property dialog for the tool you selected.  Here you can change the name of the tool, the size of the pipe, the routing preference, the system definition ect.  This is basically a carbon copy of the settings that you would select on the PROPERTY palette.  The difference is that by setting them here in your tool you won't have to set them on the property palette.  They will be preset by the tool.  You can still make any changes on the property palette if you wish after you start the tool.  The tool is just something to help you get started in selecting the right properties for your palette.

Hopefully this anwers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost