Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do change pipe in the style manager

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mjmpe
746 Views, 2 Replies

how do change pipe in the style manager

okay, I am drwg with 2-1/2" steel grooved pipe, I am now doing my branch lines which are going to be in copper and reduced in size, how do I go about this? do I have to go into style manager and change something? and what is the best way to draw it? should I start with the mains and pick off that or draw the branch lines separate and try to connect to the main after?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

What you need to do is set up your routing preference correctly.  The Grooved x Threaded routing preference should be a model as to what you need to do.

First copy the Grooved by Threaded routing preference and rename it Grooved by Soldered.  Then in the section that was previously Threaded of the routing preference change the name and the fittings to the copper fittings that you wish to use.

Now you can route either or copper or your steel lines first it doesnt matter.  I would always recommend drawing the mains first and after you have them all drawn come back and draw the branch lines.  This mimics the way most coordination is done.  You should coordinate the larger items first and then move down to the smaller items.

To draw a branch line off of the main line just select the main line and then either select the plus grip in the middle of the pipe to create a branch or type ADDSELECTED at the command line and select the main line and then select any pipe to create your branch off of that pipe.  Make sure to change your size of your pipe to the correct size. 

Also don't forget that you can snap to the center and the end of the pipes by using the PCUR and the PCON connections.

You can view a video on how to add those to your right click menu here

Message 3 of 3
mjmpe
in reply to: mjmpe

thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost