Active Contributor
tompilzys
Message 1 of 5 (807 Views)
Accepted Solution

hidden lines in layouts / freezing layers of systems

807 Views, 4 Replies
03-11-2013 05:17 AM

Hello,

I have another visual problem with showing the ducts/pipes. I prepared layouts for ploting. 3 layouts: ducts, pipes, ducts+pipes.

On the layout with ducts+pipes together, crossings of the ducts and pipes are correct, i can see the hidden lines. The problem is, that when i turned off the ducts from the layout with pipes only, the hidden lines of the pipes stayed... I mean the ducts are not visible, but the hidden lines of the pipes which were under the ducts are on. And i would like to see them as "not hidden". In the attached files you can see what i mean.

1 attached file - shows ducts and pipes together

2 attached file - shows pipes after i froze the layer with ducts.

Anyone can help here?

Valued Contributor
s.lawrence
Message 2 of 5 (792 Views)

Re: hidden lines in layouts / freezing layers of systems

03-11-2013 07:03 AM in reply to: tompilzys

After you switch off the layers you want to not be shown, run OBJRELUPDATE and select the whole drawing.

If these models are Xref'd into a finished layout drawing, OBJRELUPDATE will need to be run each time the drawing is opened.

This is a recognised problem and is being investigated (see earlier post in this forum regarding OBJRELUPDATE)

Hope that helps,

Stu

Active Contributor
tompilzys
Message 3 of 5 (780 Views)

03-12-2013 02:12 AM in reply to: tompilzys

That solved my problem for the moment. It is not perfect (why not automaticly) but as it is reported already than we may expect it will be fixed.

Thank you for your answer :smileyhappy:

Regards

amanichen
Message 4 of 5 (160 Views)

05-02-2014 11:54 AM in reply to: tompilzys

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm having this same issue with MEP 2015 and the solution described above does not work for my situation.

Please refer to my attached photo.  When I run OBJRELUPDATE in Viewport A, the duct over/under breaks show properly, but Viewport B does not show properly.  Running OBJRELUPDATE in Viewport B has the opposite effect - Viewport A will not display the over/under properly.

Running OBJRELUPDATE from model space and paper space does not seem to have an effect.

I have tried using OBJRELUPDATE with HIDEPRECISION set to both 1 and 0.

How can I get both viewports to display correctly without having to put them on separate layouts and run OBJRELUPDATE constantly?

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 5 of 5 (119 Views)

05-06-2014 04:44 AM in reply to: amanichen

You should be using the Display System to control the look and feel of your ductwork and not your layers in a viewport.  You can duplicate your current display representation for Viewport A and give it a unique name.  Then go into the system definition of the ductwork that you want to not show up in Viewport B and in the Display Properties tab of the system definition just turn off the ductwork for the Display Representation that you created for Viewport B.  It is a difficult process at first but once you get the hang of it you can create the different display representations that you might need pretty quickly.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community