Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection types different

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NateKennis3933
624 Views, 2 Replies

connection types different

i just upgraded to autocad mep 2013 and i understand the duct routing preference.  my problem is that if the duct is over 24 inches wide it has to have a flange connection type and under 24" it is slip and drive.  i can not find out how to change so one end of my transition has flange and the other has slip and drive.

thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This is done inside of content builder.  You will need to copy an existing transition and then edit it to have one connector as flanged and the other as slip and drive.  Currently I believe that they are set to undefined so they will connect to any type of connection.

I used to draw everything using flanged and then would set the flange dimensions based on the size of the ductwork.  I say use flanged because it is the only setting that will allow you to add graphics to your ductwork.  I even put a small flange around slip and drive.  This will allow you to draw ductwork using a single type and not have to worry if you are using the correct fitting with the correct connection.

FYI.  Autocad MEP has no out of the box solution for setting flange graphics based on duct size.  You will have to set the graphics yourself.  You can set multiples at the same time though.  You can then create a property defintion that selects the type of connection based on the size of the ductwork.  You can then schedule this as your connection type instead of the out of the box connection types.

Message 3 of 3

I have a project drawn with all slip fit. It now needs to be changed to flanged. There is no way to do that without re drawing the entire project. Even if you can "force" a fittng or duct in preferences to have a flange connection, you then have to dimension each and every flange end individually. What ever happend to the add flange command and default flange size? Currently using AutoCAD MEP 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost