Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find correct fittings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mjmpe
880 Views, 6 Replies

cannot find correct fittings

Keith,

I think I am spinning my wheels here. I looked exactly where you told me to  for the LR elbows, my catalog does not even give a a buttweld choice. I went into General pipe (US Imperial) I do not have an option to choose Buttweld. All it gives me is Flanged, Glued, and Threaded. Is this where the problem is? And when I go into my style manager/ parts routing preference when I scroll down all my imperial parts are grayed out & I cannot pick them.

GENERAL PIPE (IMPERIAL)

HDPE PIPE (IMPERIAL)

COPPER PIPE (IMPERIAL)

PLASTIC PIPE (IMPERIAL)

CAST IRON (IMPERIAL)

DUCTILE IRON (IMPERIAL)

All these are grayed out and I cannot choose them. I think this is where the problem is, not sure though.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadcim
in reply to: mjmpe

Dear Keith, You can check the image for your reference. I open this dialog box in the image by choosing Pipe Fitting button from the Piping workspace. If you do not get this dialog box after selecting the shown options in the image, then you need to reinstall your software.Answer1.gif

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
mjmpe

yes, I get the generic elbow but it does not take out the correct dimensions that it is supposed to. for instance the generic elbow i s4-1/4" F-C but we use LR elbows that take out 6" F-C so how do I go in and fix/change that.

thank you

Message 4 of 7
Keith.Brown

@mjmpe wrote:

Keith,

I think I am spinning my wheels here. I looked exactly where you told me to  for the LR elbows, my catalog does not even give a a buttweld choice. I went into General pipe (US Imperial) I do not have an option to choose Buttweld. All it gives me is Flanged, Glued, and Threaded. Is this where the problem is? And when I go into my style manager/ parts routing preference when I scroll down all my imperial parts are grayed out & I cannot pick them.

GENERAL PIPE (IMPERIAL)

HDPE PIPE (IMPERIAL)

COPPER PIPE (IMPERIAL)

PLASTIC PIPE (IMPERIAL)

CAST IRON (IMPERIAL)

DUCTILE IRON (IMPERIAL)

All these are grayed out and I cannot choose them. I think this is where the problem is, not sure though.

Looking at your list of catalogs it should be fairly obvious that you do not have the steel catalog loaded.  This means that you will need to load the steel catalog.  The instructions for this are located in the help file but you can easily do it yourself by following these simple steps.

Open up the options editor by typing OP at the command line.

Navigate to the MEP Catalogs tab.

Expand the pipe option and then select the ADD button on the right.

Navigate to the location of the Steel Catalog.  It should be located at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Mep 20XX\enu\MEPContent\USI\Pipe\Steel\Steel Pipes.apc.

If the catalog is not there then you have accidently deleted it somehow.  If that is the case then you will have to copy and past the catalog from another installation or reinstall Autocad MEP.  If the catalogs are no longer on ytour computer and you do not have another installation or do not want to reinstall the entire program then if you supply me with the version of MEP that you are using I can send you the correct catalog.

Message 5 of 7
mjmpe

thank you so much....that is my problem.

I have been spinning my wheels here, now I know.

Message 6 of 7
mjmpe

Keith,

Would you please send me the steel catalog for MEP 2013.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Keith.Brown

Can you private message me an email address to send the download link to?  It is a large file zipped up and cannot be sent with regular means.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost