Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are there any actual UK products within MEP 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KarlHiggins
434 Views, 2 Replies

are there any actual UK products within MEP 2012

We use Cadduct on top of MEP for all our co-ordination work simply cause it has a huge collection of UK manufacturers products & fittings which mean our drawings will always reflect what is installed on site but I thought after all this time MEP 2012 would start to include specific manufacturers fittings, for example.. Geberit Mapress, Mepla or HDPE drainage fittings but all I can find are generic pipe and fittings, do actual manufacturers products exist for MEP 2012 or is this program basically just a design tool using generic items?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.skipper
in reply to: KarlHiggins

Hello Karl

I've been moaning about the lack of UK content in AutoCAD MEP for years, particularly in the Electrical side of things. AutoCAD MEP is marketed on the basis of it containing thousands and thousands of fittings etc so why should it be necessary to purchase another piece of software like Cadduct etc to make it work properly.

I'm not familiar with Cadduct, but at first glance it looks like a mechanical engineering product i.e. no cable trunking, tray, basket etc.

There is NO E in AutoCAD MEP.

Cheers

Alan

Message 3 of 3
KarlHiggins
in reply to: alan.skipper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost