AutoCAD MEP General

Distinguished Contributor
JCook
Message 1 of 6 (1,218 Views)

Unlocking Tool Palettes?

1218 Views, 5 Replies
11-20-2006 08:35 AM
I have a Tool Palette Development profile setup to create custom palettes for everyone to use. When I publish up to the server it locks the tool palettes in this profile. Is there any way to unlock these? I'd really not like to build these from scratch everytime I update a detail, schedule, ect....

Thanks,
JCook
Message 2 of 6 (1,218 Views)

Re: Unlocking Tool Palettes?

11-30-2006 02:47 PM in reply to: JCook
Does anyone know how to unlock a tool palette????
Contributor
mario6382
Message 3 of 6 (1,218 Views)

12-04-2006 09:50 PM in reply to: JCook
If you are getting the small lock in the bottom right of the tool palette it means that you tool palettes are in a "read only" to "unlock" these tool palettes simply give yourself read/write access to the storage location or place them in a read/write location.
JCook
Message 4 of 6 (1,218 Views)

12-05-2006 03:39 AM in reply to: JCook
They are located on my hard drive, so I have permission to edit them. I have learned another way of publishing standard palettes up to the server for everyone to use that worked for other palettes. They did not turn read only, so I am going to rebuild these and upload the new way.
ccalkins
Message 5 of 6 (899 Views)

02-25-2013 05:31 PM in reply to: JCook

What is your new way of publishing the tool palettes? I am trying to build the catalog, but running into the same problem. Locked... However when we upgrade to the new acad version, it seems we can not keep the tool palettes in the groups! So frustrating. Is this just a importing function or do we need to start from scratch, building into the catalog on a local hard drive, then publish to the server?

Thanks for your help.

mviscetto
Message 6 of 6 (555 Views)

07-03-2013 11:00 AM in reply to: ccalkins

In case somebody can use this information, here it is.

I found a post on AUGI that suggested the following:

"if you have multiple tool palette paths in your options > Files tab > Tool Palettes, then you can only edit the tool palettes in the folder on the top of the list".

I looked at mine and I moved up the file location I was trying to work in. IT WORKED!

Learned something new today. Just think what I will know tomorrow!

Michael

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community