Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Tool Palettes?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4649 Views, 7 Replies

Unlocking Tool Palettes?

I have a Tool Palette Development profile setup to create custom palettes for everyone to use. When I publish up to the server it locks the tool palettes in this profile. Is there any way to unlock these? I'd really not like to build these from scratch everytime I update a detail, schedule, ect....

Thanks,
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does anyone know how to unlock a tool palette????
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

If you are getting the small lock in the bottom right of the tool palette it means that you tool palettes are in a "read only" to "unlock" these tool palettes simply give yourself read/write access to the storage location or place them in a read/write location.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

They are located on my hard drive, so I have permission to edit them. I have learned another way of publishing standard palettes up to the server for everyone to use that worked for other palettes. They did not turn read only, so I am going to rebuild these and upload the new way.
Message 5 of 8
ccalkins

What is your new way of publishing the tool palettes? I am trying to build the catalog, but running into the same problem. Locked... However when we upgrade to the new acad version, it seems we can not keep the tool palettes in the groups! So frustrating. Is this just a importing function or do we need to start from scratch, building into the catalog on a local hard drive, then publish to the server?

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 8
mviscetto
in reply to: ccalkins

In case somebody can use this information, here it is.

I found a post on AUGI that suggested the following:

"if you have multiple tool palette paths in your options > Files tab > Tool Palettes, then you can only edit the tool palettes in the folder on the top of the list".

I looked at mine and I moved up the file location I was trying to work in. IT WORKED!

Learned something new today. Just think what I will know tomorrow!

Michael

Message 7 of 8
jwharshaw
in reply to: mviscetto

Thanks @mviscetto.  This solution worked like a charm on my locked palettes in AutoCAD 2019.

Message 8 of 8
mviscetto
in reply to: jwharshaw

Happy to help.

Be well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost