Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slip on flange

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
khobart
446 Views, 1 Reply

Slip on flange

Can anyone tell me when applying slip on flanges, where to make the connection to the pipe?  It's my understanding that slip ons slip over the end of the pipe.  However there is no connection point inside the flange.  Only the face and the end.  Wouldn't this throw off dimensions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: khobart

The slip on flange ships with a male connector for connector 2.  This means that its CEL value is set to 0.  Whether this was by design or an accident i cannot say.  You can change it by modifying the part in Content Builder and changing the CEL value for connector 2.  Word of warning though, the cut length of pipe that is connected to a slip on flange will be incorrect.  It will add 2x's the CEL value instead of the standard 1x.  This of course begs the question that is this a bug that Autodesk is aware of and if so is this why the CEL value is set to zero especially when the entire MEP community should know that a slip on flange slips over the pipe?  Food for thought.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost