Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Custom Blocks to have Load definitions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RJK42
475 Views, 4 Replies

Setting Custom Blocks to have Load definitions

Is there a way to give a custom block to have electrical properties so you can implement them into a panel schedule?  I created a lighting block for a LED Highbay through the "block" command.  I would like to be able to give it properties.  Also, the same with receptacles. 

Thanks!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zalant
in reply to: RJK42

I realize that this post is in the AutoCAD MEP forum, but the question you've posed could either fall into AutoCAD MEP or AutoCAD Electrical.  In which program are you actually working?

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 5
zalant

Did you still need help with this one? Please verify you specific version of AutoCAD and we'll be glad to assist.

Zac Travis
Message 4 of 5
RJK42
in reply to: zalant

I was able find that I could right click the specific block, "Convert To" -->> "Device", then give it specfic properties that relates to my project.  Once I finished there I was able to go "Electrical Properties" under circuits in the Properties Menu and adjust the values as well as assign it to the appropriate panel and circuit.

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 5
zalant

That's great!  I'm very glad to hear that you've got it doing what you want now.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost