AutoCAD MEP General

Valued Contributor
RJK42
Message 1 of 5 (233 Views)
Accepted Solution

Setting Custom Blocks to have Load definitions

233 Views, 4 Replies
07-10-2012 11:11 AM

Is there a way to give a custom block to have electrical properties so you can implement them into a panel schedule?  I created a lighting block for a LED Highbay through the "block" command.  I would like to be able to give it properties.  Also, the same with receptacles. 

Thanks!! 

Product Support
zalant
Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)

Re: Setting Custom Blocks to have Load definitions

07-12-2012 02:03 PM in reply to: RJK42

I realize that this post is in the AutoCAD MEP forum, but the question you've posed could either fall into AutoCAD MEP or AutoCAD Electrical.  In which program are you actually working?

Zac Travis
Product Support
zalant
Message 3 of 5 (200 Views)

07-17-2012 10:52 AM in reply to: RJK42

Did you still need help with this one? Please verify you specific version of AutoCAD and we'll be glad to assist.

Zac Travis
Valued Contributor
RJK42
Message 4 of 5 (197 Views)

07-17-2012 10:59 AM in reply to: zalant

I was able find that I could right click the specific block, "Convert To" -->> "Device", then give it specfic properties that relates to my project.  Once I finished there I was able to go "Electrical Properties" under circuits in the Properties Menu and adjust the values as well as assign it to the appropriate panel and circuit.

Thanks!!

Product Support
zalant
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)

07-17-2012 11:23 AM in reply to: RJK42

That's great!  I'm very glad to hear that you've got it doing what you want now.

Zac Travis

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community