Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select items from a Schedule Table (not only shown)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
goyete
1085 Views, 9 Replies

Select items from a Schedule Table (not only shown)

I use extended data in block reference to create schedule tables from them. If I want to change some property of several items in one time I don't know how to select them from the schedule table.

In the shedule table, there is an option that you can SHOW some equal items but you can't select them anyway. The FILTER command doesn't access to extended data so I need another solution please.

Someone can help me or give me an idea? Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
VitalyF
in reply to: goyete

....how to select them from the schedule table?

You can not select objects using the table.

1. Use the "Select Similar" for objects or "Edit Style" for styles.

2. Edit object property or styles

3. Right-click on the Schedule Table > Update

Vitaly

Message 3 of 10
goyete

Thanks Vitaly! My problem is that I don't have "Objects" with extended data, I have "Blocks" or "Blocks Reference" with extended data. If I pick a Block Reference, I don't show the Similar Menu. Do you understand me? Thank you!

Message 4 of 10
Micaletti

1) Select the schedule table and access it's context menu.

2) Navigate to selection >>> show.

3) Hold control while left clicking a value of one of the schedule table cells.

This will zoom you to the object(s) and add the object(s) to your selection set.

Steven Micaletti

Virtual Mechanical

Message 5 of 10
goyete
in reply to: Micaletti

Thanks Micalletti! The solution you offer doesn't select the items, only shows them. Once it showns, I can't select it. In a big drawing with multiple blocks, the show command is ineffective becouse it zoom all to "show" all items and you don't view anything. I would like to change a Property of multiple blocks for example from A to B. Imagine I have several blocks and I have a Schedule Table with 200 blocks with Property A, 200 with Property B and 200 with Property C. I can show trough the Schedule Table all the items with Property A but then I can't select it to change its properties to B. Is there other way to select items (objects, blocks reference, anything) by its extended data?? Thank for all!

Message 6 of 10
VitalyF

Or

1. Create properties for objects or styles
2. Create a table with properties and filters
3. Right-click on the Schedule Table > Add All Property Sets

4. Right-click on the Schedule Table > Selection > Add

5. Open external reference do the same thing

or copy property from source file

...good luck

Message 7 of 10
goyete
in reply to: VitalyF

Even if I convert my block reference to an object, for example a device, if this device has extended data with Property 1 and Property 2 the select similar option menu always select the same device independently of its extended data. I need to select all the items (blocks reference, devices, objects) with a common extended data property. Do you understand what I'm trying to explain? Thanks a lot!

Message 8 of 10
VitalyF

You want to select by object properties?

maybe it will help you >>

Is there a way to select devices by object property data

Message 9 of 10
goyete
in reply to: VitalyF

Ok, I have posted in the other post becouse the link to the App doesn't works. Thank you!

Message 10 of 10
goyete

The App "COINS Property Select" woks fine to do what I need. Thanks for all!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost