Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section & Elevation (Hidden) not showing vertical ducts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tony_csogroup
1776 Views, 4 Replies

Section & Elevation (Hidden) not showing vertical ducts

In AutoCAD MEP 2013, when try to create a vertical section and select the "MEP Section & Elevation - Hidden" set, it does not display any vertical duct (see attached image).

In fact, this set seems to use the plan view and if I select any set that uses the plan view (instead of model) does this.

Am I missing something obvious?

I am using the 'Aecb Model (UK Ctb)' template.

Anthony Russell
LinkedIn
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Scap that. This only fixes the removal of hidden lines. if you still want the hidden lines, then any vertical is still not shown.

You still have issues with this Autodesk and this is causing me delays.

Getting ticked off with receiving software that's clearly not ready for release. You can't rush these things!

Anthony Russell
LinkedIn
Message 4 of 5

Autodesk have confirmed this as a bug, but not getting any answers of when this will be fixed.

This is a major issue and has brought some of our projects to a halt.

Not happy with Autodesk at the moment....

Anthony Russell
LinkedIn
Message 5 of 5

Service Pack 1 seems to have fixed this issue but it has introduced another issue with section views, where again when creating a vertical section, any duct that is in a block or xref is ignored and not drawn. All equipment (e.g. dampers) are drawn as expected, just no duct

Horizontal sections are not affected.

We can get around this issue, by exploding blocks or xrefs, but this can take time on a big drawing.

I have just raised another support ticket for this and I expect this to be solved urgently, considering the time frame it took to fix the other issue.

Anthony Russell
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost