Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP1 Network Image Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
235 Views, 1 Reply

SP1 Network Image Error

I have tried updating the (previously functional) network deployment admin.
image of ABS2004 with Service pack1. When it get's to the end I get 2 error
messages. the first is "Error 1336. There was an error creating a temporary
file that is needed to complete this installation!" When that message is
closed a second appears telling me that it failed to apply the patch to the
administrative image.

Disk space is not an issue, and I have administrative rights to all of the
boxes as well. I have tried it twice and get the same results. The first
attempt was to an existing image, the second was to a new image. Yes I am
using the correct patch (network unlocked English) for the procedure. Was
able to apply patch to ADT2004 image without a problem - this one stumps me.

Any help is appreciated!

Dean Helsel
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mail
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same.
"Error 1336. There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this install".
In my case it is when trying to make a deployment for MEP2008.

First of all I couldn´t get the installprogram to work. It delivered some fynny message and then stopped. After disconnecting from the network I tried again and got another message, "...Bla...bla DWF-viewer..." which made me unistall the previously installed viewer.

Then It started and after configuring the deployment it seemed to function, slowly, very slowly.. 0,17 - 5 % activity on the network according to taskmanager. Then, after three hours it went into loop and started all over again. Bummer! Now what?
Answer: there is a bug on the installation disc !!!

The solution to that is to copy all the files on the DVD to Harddrive and run the setup from there.

I don´t know what causes this error 1336 problem, I also have all rights everywhere (I think, unless AutoDesk wants to write outside the deployment folder, wich wouldn´t surprise me at all....).

One workaround would be to first make an ordinary deployment and then use the Modify shortcut to apply the patch.

Another workaround would be to make the deployment on local C:\, then move it to the server. After moving it, one should change the path´s in the shortcuts to make them work properly.

This has cost me some 12 hours of trial and error. Still counting.

I would very much like to know how to corect this behaviour permanently, and also like to know why AutoDesks new release installation CD:s /DVD:s never seem to work "first time" out of the box. There is always some freaking problem....

Please answer, Those who know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost