Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular to Round LENGTH Transition

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CarrieHoffman02
1710 Views, 4 Replies

Rectangular to Round LENGTH Transition

I need to make a rectangular to round transition that I can give a specific length to, similar to the Rectangular Length Concentric Duct Transition from the part catalog. Is this possible? Currently (for 2d) I just explode the regular rectangular to round transition and stretch it to a certain length. However this project is 3d and I would really perfer my system to be continuous.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Yes it is possible.  With the content builder you can build almost any fitting that you need.

Are you looking for someone to supply you the fitting or are you looking for instructions on how to create one or modify an existing one?

Message 3 of 5

While someone giving it to me would be the best option, I would be happy with the instructions on how to do it myself. I haven't used the content builder before but I can look into it. If you have any instructions or a website tht may be helpful let me know.
Message 4 of 5
mdsonline
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

You can also use the Eccentric Transition and set the 'e' & 'f' lengths to be the negative of half of the difference between the sizes (i.e. 12" to 4x6 would be 6" diff on the width & 8" diff on the height so you would enter '-3' & '-4' respectively, then you may enter any distance you'd like for 'l' (length).  (see the attachment) 

Message 5 of 5
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: mdsonline

I didn't realize this was even an option. I've never really needed an eccentric rectangular to round transition before. Thanks so much. I bet I can make this work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost