Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular flex duct

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1558 Views, 20 Replies

Rectangular flex duct

Hello all, For a lot of our fan and ahu connections we use flex duct. I when ever I try to connect to a piece of equipment with a rectangular outlet/inlet it draws a piece of round flex duct. This is fine for plan view, but when I cut a section or view it isometrically it displays round which is not acceptable. Am I missing something or do I need to create a parametric part for this? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards, -Rob
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello again, Am I the only one that sees this as an issue? I would like some sort of response. Am I just overlooking somthing? Do I need to create this part? Please give me a sign!!!!.. <----Just kidding. Are these available in 2005? Regards, Rob "Rob Ward" wrote in message news:41880298_2@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > For a lot of our fan and ahu connections we use flex duct. I when ever I > try to connect to a piece of equipment with a rectangular outlet/inlet it > draws a piece of round flex duct. This is fine for plan view, but when I > cut a section or view it isometrically it displays round which is not > acceptable. Am I missing something or do I need to create a parametric > part for this? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. > > Regards, > > -Rob >
Message 3 of 21
valacho

Hi Rob,

If you want, I can run through it on my copy of ABS2005 just to see. I may need more detail on the steps required to create it. Shall I try for you?

Heather
Message 4 of 21
tips.mike

Rob,

As far as I know there is no rectangular flex duct in ABS. I think a parametric part would be the ideal way to do this especially being that flex connectors are in some ways more like parts than like duct.

Mike Taylor
Message 5 of 21
moon47usaco

I am in need of a flexible duct conector "fitting" if any one has already created one of these...
Message 6 of 21
rgilene

Hi Rob, Install the attach part in your MvParts catalog in an appropriate location (this is NOT a fitting or duct). I created this in ABS2005 and am currently using it in MEP2008. You specify the width, height, and length of flex desired and manually place it at the equipment inlet/outlet. You can then route duct automatically from the attached connectors. Hope this helps.
Message 7 of 21
rgilene

Hi Rob,

Install the attach part in your MvParts catalog in an appropriate location (this is NOT a fitting or duct). I created this in ABS2005 and am currently using it in MEP2008. You specify the width, height, and length of flex desired and manually place it at the equipment inlet/outlet. You can then route duct automatically from the attached connectors.

Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 21
abmeador

I was curious how to do this...we don't have much if any call for this, but it is interesting.

I did not see an attached file to "rgilene"'s post for a part...not sure if it is missing, or if I'm still adjusting to the new appearance of the Discussion Group webpage.
Message 9 of 21
rgilene

You aren't missing anything. I tried twice to post the file but got "uploading error" both times. Hence, 2 copies of the same message above. If you would like, I can send the file by email, just let me know.

Rod
Message 10 of 21
abmeador

I kinda thought that might have been what was going on for you there.

I'd like to see the file.

Is there a way to private message you or something so I do not end up posting my email account publicly?

(not a fan of spam!)

Thank you!
Message 11 of 21
rgilene

I don't believe there's any private messaging features here, so you can contact me at the following: rodg53@yahoo.com.

I can reply from there.
Message 12 of 21
TotalMech

Hi Roger,

I would also like to see your part. I will contact you via the email address if that is OK.
Message 13 of 21
abmeador

Sorry it took me so long to get back over here.
I just emailed you from my personal email account.
Thank you!
Message 14 of 21
AddisCAD

abmeador, Can I also get the rectangular flex duct. my email is elsiaddis@gmail.com
Thank you in advance
Message 15 of 21
abmeador

I will hunt around and see if I still have this on my computer.
(did some cleaning the other day...not sure if it got cut or not)
Message 16 of 21
RibbonHater

Here are two I have collected.......I think one is in fact yours...
Message 17 of 21
AddisCAD

Thank you very much guys
Message 18 of 21
ElSid
in reply to: rgilene

Sorry for being so dense and re-viving an old thread.  How do I import this in with style manager?  I have multiple sized rectangular equipment.

Message 19 of 21
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ElSid

You need to place all 3 of the six files in the following directory.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\MEPContent\USM\Duct\Rectangular\Offsets  The three files entitled Rectangular Flex Connector.*** go Here.  They are the metric files.

Place the three files called Rectangular Flex.*** in the following directory:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\MEPContent\USI\Duct\Rectangular\Offsets

Start up autocad and type CATALOGREGEN.  This will add the parts to your current catalog.  You will need to do it for both the metric and the standard profile.

Once that is done the rectangular flexible connector is ready for your use.  You can find it under the rectangular offset fittings.

Message 20 of 21
ramin2005shab
in reply to: rgilene

Dear sir. Could you please send me the files of rectangle felxible duct for me?? I really need it. this is my email Address: Ramin2005shab@gmail.com

Thank u so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost