Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreate Templates - text style and dim styles come in when... why?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdhutchinson
339 Views, 1 Reply

Recreate Templates - text style and dim styles come in when... why?

I am recreating templates from the Out-of-the-box Aecb Model (US Imperial Ctb).

After getting it pretty much ready I tested some things.

When I add the first mvPart from our own custom catalog... I get sevaral dimstyles and a couple textstyles added to the drawing as follows.

Dim Styles:

1. Aec-Arch-I-192
  2. Aec-Arch-I-48
  3. Aec-Arch-I-96
  4. Stairs_I

Text Styles:

1. RomanS
  2. Arch-Dim

These will purge out easily. I've checked the library dwg file that is used to generate the mvparts and these are no where to be found. I know in several places in the StyleManager, DimStyles and TextStyles can reference text and dim styles... I've checked there and they do not reference these... if they did they would not be purgeable.

After I purge them out... I can delete and purge the mvparts... and when I add them in again, these do not come back in. Consistantly, it is only on the first addition of mvparts... and it seems it does not matter which mvpart is added, either from our own custom parts or the out of the box mvparts.

Where in the world may they be comming from?

...oh, and these are block based parts, but I am certain it matters.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

It could be that the program just adds them upon the first mvpart added.  I know that it constantly adds some property sets even if i don't want them.  For instance, if you start a new drawing from an AUTOCAD Template it will automatically add the SpaceEngineeringObjects, ThermalProperties, and ZoneEngineeringObjects property sets.  As far as i can tell there is no way to stop this.  I am not saying it is the answer but this could also be a situation like that.  Its possible that the program "thinks" it will need those at some time so it just loads them up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost