Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RISE DROP HIDDEN LINE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tompilzys
1621 Views, 5 Replies

RISE DROP HIDDEN LINE

Hello,

I tried to modify the rise/drop lines.

I succesfully done it for pipes. In Display Properties I found "Rise Drop-Hidden" and that was what i wanted.

I tried to do the same for ducts. And here comes the big surprise. There is no option for Rise Drop-hidden in Display Properies for ducts. I can only modyfi the visible Rise Drop...

Anyone can help me? I want the Rise Drop hidden lines to have the same color and thickness as the whole system.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tompilzys
in reply to: tompilzys

Noone has the same problem?

Maybe i will post a picture that will show what i mean. That thing is really annoying.

Message 3 of 6
Keith.Brown

Duct Rise/Drop symbols act differently.  If you notice their is a drop symbol block and a rise symbol block.  The rise symbol is placed on layer 0 and the drop symbol is placed on G-Anno-Std-hidn.  When you create a new symbol you assign it as either a rise symbol or a drop symbol.  The software will chose which one to display in which situation depending on if the duct is rising up or dropping down.

Message 4 of 6
tompilzys

Thank you for the answer, you gave me a good solution. However the line that was annoying me was in the layer G-Risr-Std-High - here i can change the thickness. I cant give it the color the same as the ducts system. I have a few systems with different colors and this layer can use only one specific color. But the drawing looks much much better now anyway so thanks for help.

Message 5 of 6
Keith.Brown

By default in the display for a duct object the riser symbol is set to ByLayer.  You can change it to ByBock and change the block to be on layer 0.  This will force the riser symbol to always display the same as the duct.  So if the duct changes layers then so to will the riser.

Message 6 of 6
tompilzys

Thats even better for me 🙂 Many thanks for your effort.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost