Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REDUCING COUPLINGS SYMBOL

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
danecaveman
2018 Views, 4 Replies

REDUCING COUPLINGS SYMBOL

After searching many post I have not found any examples on how to change the out of the box look for pipe reducers.. Attached is an example of what i'm looking for, if anyone can help it would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: danecaveman

This has been brought up in the past and the only way to do it is to use the OBJECTGRAPHICSEDIT command and manually change it.  You will need to do it for each reducer in your drawing.  And as soon as you move the reducer it will revert back to its original state so you will need to make sure that it is the last thing that you do once you have your design complete.

capture-4.gif

Message 3 of 5
danecaveman
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you for the response. With your example there is no way I can change each reducer one by one... my piping drawings have way to many reducers to make that practical. Is there  a way to edit the currecnt part symbol permanently?? 

Message 4 of 5
justdefybryan

Typically a triangle symbol in a piping schematic represents a pipe plug or an air eliminator.  The trapezoid shape is used to not only show a reducer, but whether it is a concentric or eccentric reducer.

Can you describe why you prefer the triangle symbol?  Just curious, want to learn this in case I come across it in the future.

Message 5 of 5
danecaveman

Wow this was from long ago.
Ok, the reason why I was asking, the company I worked for had the "Triangle" on their legend as a pipe reducer. They wanted it changed to a triangle no matter what. People who refuse to change!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost