Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Navigator Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
320 Views, 4 Replies

Project Navigator Problem

In the view and the sheet of a certain drawing there is a hatch showing up on devices. This only happens in MEP 2009. The same exact drawings don't show this hatch in 2008. Please solve this problem for me.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: Anonymous

can you provide the drawing here? Perhaps erase everything except a few devices that are exhibiting this behavior, and purge to reduce the file size.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
arcticad

Check in your Display Manager.

format
display manager
representation by object
and then device.
check the settings.
---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

That was the first thing that I checked. Everything is the way that it should be for the View and Sheet drawings, but it's still showing that hatch.

The problem is that the construct that is xrefed into both the view ans sheets drawing isn't showing the way that it should. If I bind the xref to post, it will show fine. This only happens in 2009 as well. As I said earlier, this same exact drawing is fine in 2008.

Right now I plan on abandoning 2009 till the problems with the speed of the program and this problem with the hatching as well as other problems are fixed. Why someone would put out a program with this many bugs in it is just beyond me.
Message 5 of 5
Martin__Schmid

Don't worry about binding the drawings to post... just post the individual files. Again, erase/purge most of the drawing if desired to reduce the file size and if there is project specific data you don't want to share.

If this does in fact turn out to be a defect, it may be already known, and in our logging system. However, if not, I appreciate your feedback, and would like to make sure the the issue you are experiencing does get logged... however, without the files, there is nothing for me to report.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost