Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping or Plumbing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lorenphoenix
829 Views, 6 Replies

Piping or Plumbing

I am new to MEP, I just have a simple question. I am going to start a job and the client only wants to see it in 3D for collision test. Now my question is should I draw in the plumbing or piping workspace? Because I have heard that plumbing is single line.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
youngbloodco
in reply to: lorenphoenix

Working at a company that specifically does piping, whether mechanical or plumbing, I prefer to work in piping not plumbing. That's just my personal preference and that's my 2 cents worth.
Message 3 of 7
RibbonHater

What type of pipe? For coordination purposes everything but DWV should not be that big of an issue…. Just open the piping pallet and find something that will work…….DWV can be done with those parts up to 4” if I remember correctly….. This program is not for doing shop drawings, you will need to get a 3rd party program for that… we have ECC add on……. You should be able to get a descent coordination drawing put together with time…… if you want to draw your DWV using butt-weld or PVC we can convert it to DWV fittings fairly quick…… We have most of the manufactures parts available in our database……
Good Luck…….
Message 4 of 7
lorenphoenix

I will be DWV, multi-floor building plumbing only which seems easy, I have used ADT before but have yet to attempt MPE I am assuming it is the same concept, thank you for your assistance.
Message 5 of 7
Dumfatnhappy

MEP cannot do 'true' plumbing in 3D yet (as of v2009). stay with the pipimg
Message 6 of 7

Use Piping softwares. That will give good ideas.

Regards
Antony
http://piping-jobs.blogspot.com
Message 7 of 7

For 2009 and earlier, the best answer is both, Use pipe for coordination areas such as corridors or complex areas and use 2D for plumbing only areas such as wet walls. The 2010 release we have added the ability to slope 3D piping using an Angle of Deflection on female fittings like the real fittings. Overall, the choice is yours and you need to weigh the benefits to the cost.

Thanks
Gregg
AutoCAD MEP QA

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost