AutoCAD MEP General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (432 Views)
Accepted Solution

PipeObject / DuctObject

432 Views, 4 Replies
04-24-2013 12:21 AM

Hello,

Is there a way that PipeObject / DuctObject will be automaticly assigned when i draw pipe/duct? It is annoying to add these properties every time after drawing.

I saw similar post with answer 3 years ago but it is not exaclty what im looking for.

kind regards

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 5 (422 Views)

Re: PipeObject / DuctObject

04-24-2013 03:09 AM in reply to: tompilzys

This is not possible without custom programming prior to 2014.  The good news is that with Autocad MEP 2014 you can auto attach your property sets as the object is inserted into your drawing.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
Active Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (412 Views)

04-24-2013 05:31 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown

Ok, good to know, at least i can stop searching for it.

Thanks.

Active Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (178 Views)

01-19-2014 10:53 AM in reply to: tompilzys

Hi, I have a follow up to this question.

Experimenting with MEP 2014.

I am having trouble assigning property sets to a device style. There is a GUI for this purpose (style manager, device styles, any device general tab, property sets) but the icon for add property set is always disabled. The help option works but doesn't provide much value).

Where I want to get to is that default values for the properties are associated with a specific device style. In my case I am looking at light fixtures. What I am building towards is a library consisting of unique device style for all the common light fixtures I design with (each with an associated block). Each device style is to have parameters such as manufacturer part numbers, lumens, mounting... I certainly do not want to populate these on a device by device basis.

thanks for any insight you can provide.

Active Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (173 Views)

01-19-2014 12:39 PM in reply to: MuirEng

okay, I figured it out. The reason I could not add PSD to device styles is because non of my PSDs were set with "device style" checked. Once I set at least one PSD with that option then this GUI started working.

This is a pet peeve of mine with just about all software. It should tell me when I click an inactive control why it is inactive!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community