Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe spool sheets with isometric dimensions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bytown
2683 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe spool sheets with isometric dimensions

I'm new to Autocad MEP and I want to break a 3d model into individual piping spool sheets with dimensions. Without buying expensive add on programs, does anyone know a good way of creating spool sheets with 3d dimensions.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: bytown

I can think of two ways of doing it. 

1.  Select a section of pipe that you want and copy to new drawing and switch to an isometric view.  Detail out your piping lengths with annotation and dimensions.

2. Xref your drawing into a blank drawing and using xclip in a plan view, clip out the piping that you do not want to show.  Switch to an isometric and and detail again.

Advantages of 1 over 2 would be that your drawings would be small and would open and print quickly where as 2 would take time to regen and print that would be directly related to the amount of information in the original drawing.

Advantage of 2 over 1 would be that your piping would update when you make changes to your original drawing.  You might have to still update annotation and dimensions though.

I am sure there are other methods that would work better but those are the only two that I can currently think of.

Message 3 of 5
bytown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I'll try both, however the first choice looks good as in file size.

Also is there a good setting for dimensioning in Isometric without having to change the USC setting?

Thank a whole lot

Message 4 of 5
ia9289
in reply to: Keith.Brown

want to learn AUTOCAD..can u pls send the link of the software...and step by step i can as doubts from u...

Thank You ,

Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ia9289

You can download a trial copy of AutoCAD MEP from this link: AutoCAD MEP Free Trial

There is so much informaiton on the web about how to use AutoCAD MEP.  Just use google to search for information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost