Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Bending

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
darrenmason
1094 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Bending

Hi,

before I buy this software I need  to know if I can:

choose a specific length of metal tubing or pipe that is 1/2 in outer diameter

bend the pipe any angle up to 180 degrees with a 1 1/2 in bending radius

cut off excess pipe

connect a tee and other bent pipes

use the metric system

thanks,

Darren

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: darrenmason

Bends in MEP are considered fittings and are seperate objects.  You would draw your straight portion of conduit and then add a bend and then continue adding straight conduit until you need another bend.  This process is automated in a way in that autocad will automatically add the bend for you at the degree you specify.

I would recommend downloading the 30 day trial and give it a try to see if you like it or not.

Message 3 of 7
darrenmason

I can't figure out how to make a pipe appear onscreen.

I'm looking at about creating a piping system in help. 

I've clicked pipe and gone through properties, and selected piping tool palettes and clicked pipe.

I've drawn straight line segments onscreen.

How do I make a pipe appear?

Darren

Message 4 of 7
Keith.Brown

It should really be as simple as typeing the PIPEADD command and selecting a valid routing preference and system and then clicking point A somewhere in model space and then point B.  It is that simple.

Message 5 of 7
darrenmason
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I can tell I'm close.  All I'm getting is purple and red lines from point A to point B. Will you look at my file and tell me if something is wrong?

Message 6 of 7
Keith.Brown

You have actually drawn the pipe already.  You just need to switch you display representation from MEP Design to MEP Basic 2 Line.  The display representation is shown in the lower right hand corner of the screen.  The reason why the pipe is being shown as a single line is because in the MEP Design Display Representation the single/double line representation is being controlled by the system of the pipe.  If you go into the style manager and click on pipe systems and then single line graphics you can change the way the pipe is displayed and at what size.

I have included your drawing with the display changed so that the piping is now showing up in 3D.  I also split the screen so that you can see in a plan view and an isometric view.

P.S. In a single line display, the little small vertical lines you were seeing were the flanges.

Message 7 of 7
darrenmason
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I've made a file where there are pipes going in two different planes and can be viewed from the front and top views. Using the top view,  I want to add a pipe that starts at the left end of the lower pipe.  The problem is I want it to go down according to the front view.  Is this somehow possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost