AutoCAD MEP General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 6 (295 Views)
Accepted Solution

PNG Images

295 Views, 5 Replies
04-19-2012 03:11 AM

Why do hundreds of PNG image files keep getting dumped into my Recycle Bin? I don't know when this happens, but every now and again my recycle bin containes these files. I empty the bin and then a couple of days later, low and behold there they are again.

Cheers

Alan

Active Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (250 Views)

Re: PNG Images

05-01-2012 06:23 AM in reply to: alan.skipper

Sounds to me like your IT department has an automated cleanup of specific files running or you have a virus,lisp, script running that is diong it to you.

Message 3 of 6 (247 Views)

05-01-2012 06:39 AM in reply to: jcampbell

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have an IT department, I work on a stand alone computer. It doesn't appear to be happening now though.

Cheers

Alan

Message 4 of 6 (228 Views)

05-10-2012 07:59 AM in reply to: alan.skipper

Hi - a client of mine is having the same issue, with PNG files getting dumped into the Recycle bin.  He is using local settings from the cloud sync...   Any idea what is causing this, or what you did to fix it?  Or did it just resolve itself randomly?  Thanks,

Clarke

Message 5 of 6 (225 Views)

05-10-2012 09:11 AM in reply to: Cmorrison2

Hello Clark

The problem has stopped now, I don't know what was causing it but I think it might have had something to do with 2012 and the cloud thingy. I uninstalled 2012 and turned off the cloud sync thing. Why would I want to store my files on somebody elses computer anyway?

Cheers

Alan

Message 6 of 6 (220 Views)

05-10-2012 12:04 PM in reply to: alan.skipper

OK.  I think the idea with syncing the settings on the cloud, is that you can setup Autocad on one machine (at work for example), and then easily apply any custom settings to another machine (at home for example), through the cloud sync.

Besides that, the cloud lets you share documents with clients or consultants, and also offers a number of services like rendering, energy analysis, structural analysis, etc. - all online so that your system's resources are not being used.

Thanks for your reply,

Clarke 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community