Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPE SCHEDULE IN PAPERSPACE (LAYOUT)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
EYTZEN
911 Views, 3 Replies

PIPE SCHEDULE IN PAPERSPACE (LAYOUT)

IM GETTING GOOD AT SETTING UP SCHEDULES AND WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO INCORPERATE THAT WITH MY COMPANY TEMPLATE IN PAPERSPACE, BY REFERENCING OBJECTS IN A VIEWPORT.

I CAN GET THE SCHEDULE TO READ EXACTLY THE WAY I WANT IN THE MODEL, HOWEVER WHEN  I INSERT THE SCHEDULE INTO PAPERSPACE, I CANNOT ADD ITEMS OR OBJECTS IN THE MODEL OR VIEWPORT. BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE LAYOUT... 

IM TRYING TO SETUP AN AUTOMATED 'BILL OF MATERIALS' FOR SPOOLING OUT DRAWINGS...

ANY IDEAS ON HOW I CAN LINK THE SCHEDULE IN PAPERSPACE TO THE MODEL OR OBJECTS IN THE VIEWPORT? 

THANKS!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: EYTZEN

The way that we currently do it is to have the sheet xref in the drawing that has objects to be scheduled.  You can then place a schedule in paperspace and set it to schedule an xref and then just select the original drawing.

To filter which objects get selected your choices are to use layer wildcards or to use classification definitions.

HTH.

Message 3 of 4
EYTZEN
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Cool! Ill give that a shot tomorrow, thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: EYTZEN

After thinking about this a little more i did realize that the xref that you schedule can be the same drawing that the schedule is in.  So if you place your schedule in paper space and set the xref that the schedule is looking for to the same drawing that the schedule is in then it will schedule the items in modelspace.  You will need to filter the items based on the layer wildcard available to the schedule.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost