Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Image Disappears in Printing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2453 Views, 5 Replies

PDF Image Disappears in Printing

I am running AutoCAD MEP 2013 on Windows Vista Ultimate 2007 with Service Pack 2.  I imported a pdf image into model space (layer 0), then created a viewport in paperspace to show part of that image.  The image showed up on a printed copy exactly one time; thereafter, it is missing from print preview and printed copy.  What might have changed? 
I am on deadline and need to include several pdf images in the work.  (Importing a cropped pdf image to paperspace brings a dark border around the area of what would have been the entire uncropped image, so that doesn't work for this application.)

Thanks, Susan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

tag the PDF through the paper space window and "bring to the front" or "on top" option in the Display order tab of the right click modify tool window. Also double check to make sure the PDF is not on a non-plot layer.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi,

you can also try to modify the transparency of the pdf.

Message 4 of 6
Keith.Brown

Layer zero can act a little crazy sometimes especially when used in conjunction with Defpoints. It is best to try and avoid layer 0 and Defpoints as much as possible.  The layer defpoints is up near the top of admitted mistakes by Autodesk. 

I would try moving the pdf from layer 0 and place it on another layer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

make sure the pdf is on the layer so you can c# print pdf document normally. use an pdf processor to help you when you want to convert or resize.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, dtimage.

Thanks for your tips. I also have some tutorials about how to print PDF files. I also do as it tells the users. So far so good.

Best  regards,

Arron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost