Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MVPart Catalog, how to add parts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RBoulay
4260 Views, 3 Replies

New MVPart Catalog, how to add parts?

Autocad MEP 2013

So I created a NEW Multi View Parts Catalog…(E:MickeyMouse\MickeyMouse.apc) added the path to the Options > MEP Catalog MVParts Directory….

Regenerate the Catalogs (ALL)… Open Content Builder but it doesn’t show up…(MickeyMouse.apc) I created a new directory named Test2 within the existing OOTB Catalog, and that shows up.

I’ve exhausted Google… I don’t know what I’m missing.

Bottom line, I want to preferably add a new mvpart to that catalog…but how? (edit: made progress....in catalog editor, I opened the global OOTB .apc, copied the chapter of Air Terminals to clip-board, then opened the MickeyMouse.apc and pasted the chapter into that. the catalog shows up in Content Editor, but not when I try to add the MV Part from the Tool Palettes tool for adding MVParts)

I looked into the Content Browser, but I feel that only deals with .atc files, and not .apc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kwizats_hadérack
in reply to: RBoulay

Hi,

you have to change the path in your options.CHANGE THE PATH FOR NEW MVP CATALOG.JPG

Sorry, it's a french picture.

Cordialement

Allan
Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: RBoulay

@RBoulay wrote:

Autocad MEP 2013

So I created a NEW Multi View Parts Catalog…(E:MickeyMouse\MickeyMouse.apc) added the path to the Options > MEP Catalog MVParts Directory….

Regenerate the Catalogs (ALL)… Open Content Builder but it doesn’t show up…(MickeyMouse.apc) I created a new directory named Test2 within the existing OOTB Catalog, and that shows up.

I’ve exhausted Google… I don’t know what I’m missing.

Bottom line, I want to preferably add a new mvpart to that catalog…but how? (edit: made progress....in catalog editor, I opened the global OOTB .apc, copied the chapter of Air Terminals to clip-board, then opened the MickeyMouse.apc and pasted the chapter into that. the catalog shows up in Content Editor, but not when I try to add the MV Part from the Tool Palettes tool for adding MVParts)

I looked into the Content Browser, but I feel that only deals with .atc files, and not .apc

The way that you copied the parts from one catalog to another is correct.  The reason why they are not showing up when using the tool palette tool is that the tool palette tool is looking for "Mechanical Equipment".  That is it is filtered to only look for parts that reside in a folder called "Mechanical".  You can verify this by right clicking on the property palette tool and looking at its properties.  It should look something like this. 

^C^C(command "_MvPartAdd" "ch" "Mechanical" "")

When adding equipment I always type MvPartAdd at the command line to get the full unfiltered catalogs. 

You could also place your diffusers inside of a new top level chapter called Mechanical.  This should cause them to appear using the tool.

Additionally you can copy parts from one catalog to another by going into the folder structure and copying the .dwg, .bmp, and .xml files into a new location in your catalog.  Please be aware that this creates a duplicate of the part.  It does not generate a new GUID.  In order for a part to show up during the mvpart add command it must have a unique GUID.  If the program encounters 2 or more parts with the same GUID then it will only load the first one it encounters.  The order in which catalogs are loaded can be modified on the options palette under the MEP Catalogs tab.  Just use the up/down keys to arrange the order of the catalogs.

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Were you able to resolve this issue by using the command MvPartAdd and not the tool palette tool?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost