Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MvPart alternate 'view block' does not displaying in horizontal Section cut

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mdsonline
1008 Views, 3 Replies

MvPart alternate 'view block' does not displaying in horizontal Section cut

I created several MvParts for our supports & hangers using the "Symbol/View Block” feature, so they will display an "X" on the plan drawings, (top view) but show normal in all other views.  (We just want an 'X' for the support location, and then call them out on a schedule.)  Because I came on this job late and it wasn't set up AT ALL, plus it was not drawn with systems, but 'by layer' (with multiple routing preferences, in the same system) - I made the decision to cut ‘Horizontal Sections” to create our plans. (it was way too late & we were too far in, to fix anything…) 

Now, when we refresh those sections the “alternative block” doesn’t display, and it’s just a representation of the 3D object.  It shows as the “X” in the top view of the model when we hit “Refresh” the section, but that doesn’t come thru to the section block, that we xref in for our plan views. 

Is this because, even though it’s horizontal, it’s still a “Section’ & it doesn’t recognize a “Top View”, thus making it a “Display Configuration” issue?  (& we don’t want the ‘X’ to show in vertical sections, just the plan (top) views.)   Do I need to change one of the other “view” blocks that was created for that MvPart, or make a new & different one, somehow?  I don’t want to have to plop an ‘X’ in our plan sheets, on top of the each, of the hundreds of supports, we have on this project…

How can I fix this issue? Please someone have an answer, please!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdsonline
in reply to: mdsonline

It would seem the issue is a 'Display Configuration' problem (maybe...), because it is working in the last drawings we did , but not the first eight...???   I can't seem to find any differences in the setup or configuration called out, or...   I'm even more confused now?!?!

Message 3 of 4
mdsonline

GOT IT!!! (sort of...)  It was the display properties of the "Bldg Section Line" that were not setup correctly, in the rest of the drawings.   When we copied it from the drawing it worked in, to the other drawings & swapped out the old section cut line - the ALL display correctly!!   I still don't understand why though...  

It's probably something like a check box, buried 3 levels deep, in the Display dailogs, that I'm just not seeing...

Message 4 of 4
mdsonline

Mayhaps I should have waited to post that last comment - The issue was - even though both sections were set as "MEP Design" for the display configuration - the one that worked was set as "Plan"- the ones that did not were set as 'Model'.  Makes perfect sense, once I figured that out...

Sorry I've posted, posted & reposted here - but maybe this'll help somebody else out, or even give them something 'new' to checkout...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost