Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Viewports, Mutliple Scales on 1 layout, is it possible?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jsd1
3447 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple Viewports, Mutliple Scales on 1 layout, is it possible?

I have a layout with 2 different scaled viewports, one is 1/16" scale and the other is 1/4".  When I plot the sheet(layout) both viewports are in the scale which was last access in model space.  If I was in 1/4" scale in model space then go to Layout, both viewports will be in 1/4" scale, my plumbming fittings, text, annotation in the 1/16" scale viewport are set to 1/4".

And if I was in 1/16" scale in model space, the 1/4" scale viewport is set to 1/16".

If I was in 1" - 1": scale, then both viewports are 1" scale. 

What am I missing?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jsd1

Set your scale in paperspace not modelspace. Select the viewport and set your scale in the lower right corner of the main window. The scale here is viewport dependent.
Message 3 of 6
jsd1

Setting my scales in paperspace or model space, either way, I can only have one scale on a sheet.  This is only happening with plumbing symbols. 

Message 4 of 6
rmiller1973

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a layout with 2 different scaled viewports, one is 1/16" scale and the other is 1/4".  When I plot the sheet(layout) both viewports are in the scale which was last access in model space.  If I was in 1/4" scale in model space then go to Layout, both viewports will be in 1/4" scale, my plumbming fittings, text, annotation in the 1/16" scale viewport are set to 1/4".

And if I was in 1/16" scale in model space, the 1/4" scale viewport is set to 1/16".

If I was in 1" - 1": scale, then both viewports are 1" scale. 

What am I missing?

Thanks

Correct me if I'm not following what you are seeing. You have two viewports that seem to take on the scale defined in model space? When you are working on the 1/4" model and then switch to layout both viewports are scaled as 1/4" and if you then switch the model scale to 1/16" both take that scale on as well?

I'm not sure if there is anything that would specifically force the viewports to match the model space setting. My first impression is that you might have a routine that switches the scaling of your viewports to match the model space. If this is the case you might be limited on what you can do to stop it.

One thing you might try is setting the scale to 1/4" and locking the 1/4" viewport then switch to 1/16" in model space to see if the 1/4" changes. If it doesn't then lock the 1/16" viewport so they are not getting switched out.

I would also suggest discussing this with your CAD Manager, maybe they might be aware of what is causing the issue.

Message 5 of 6
jsd1
in reply to: rmiller1973

My AutoCAD distributer has contacted Autodesk about the situation and was told that I would have to xref each drawing in.  It is a known issue, but Autodesk will not be fixing it.  This is when drawing in the Plumbing discipline. 

Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 6
rmiller1973

Interesting, thanks for the update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost