Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-tap for panels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DRWICK
521 Views, 4 Replies

Multi-tap for panels

I am bringing out a 3 phase feeder from the distribution panel to a transformer. The feeder will then go into a trough and tapped to feed 3 panels. I can connect each panel to the distribution panel through a transformer, but each panel will end up with its own 3 pole circuit breaker in the distribution panel. I need to figure out how to connect all 3 panels back to the distibution panel utilizing (1) 3 pole circuit breaker in the distribution panel. The only way that I can think of is to connect each panel to a "fake panel" inserted in left field and then to have that panel connected to the distribution panel. This was the 3 panels will show up as a single load in the distribution panels panel schedule.

Please help!!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tobysmith
in reply to: DRWICK

At this time, our transformers (which are MvParts) do not support electrical loads. In order to accomplish what you want, you should insert a panel with (3) 3-pole circuits. This will serve as the transformer to which you'll connect the other three panels via the trough. Then, all you need to do is connect that transformer/panel to one 3-pole circuit in the distribution panel.

You can easily replace the panel blocks in plan and model to look like a transformer as well. Just insert a transformer MvPart off to the side and explode it. Update your "panel" blocks to use the transformer blocks to achieve the desired look in plan and model views and erase the exploded transformer blocks.

While not an ideal solution, it should work for your purposes. Supporting electrical loads on MvParts is a wishlist item we hope to tackle soon.

Hope that helps,

Toby Smith, PE, LEED AP
AutoCAD MEP Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
MuirEng
in reply to: tobysmith

this is an old post, but I'm looking at transformers in A-MEP and would like to know if any progress has been made on this one? Can transformer parts support loads in the latest program versions?

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
VitalyF
in reply to: MuirEng

Hi,

The transformer is still not support the load... ((

Message 5 of 5
MuirEng
in reply to: VitalyF

I guess "soon" in the AutoCAD world is on the order of maybe ten years then?

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost