Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse wheel OSNAP menu and MEP

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2467 Views, 11 Replies

Mouse wheel OSNAP menu and MEP

Mouse wheel (Button 3) Snap Menu (MBUTTONPAN=0) works perfectly in AutoCAD 2008, but does not work in AutoCAD 2008 MEP. Getting just left scroll instead of Snap Menu.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Oleg
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jwjones1
in reply to: Anonymous

Check your mouse driver software. If you have a mouse that offers 'side scrolling' through a tilting mouse wheel (like my Logitech G5) then you may want to disable that function through the driver software.

Oh, and my two cents, I prefer mousebuttonpan=1 so I can pan with the middle button and I use shift-right click to access the snap menu.

Hope that helps!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks,
I assigned "Do Nothing" for tilt in my Logitech mouse. At least it took care of scrolling drawing while I am pushing for Snap Menu.
It works great in AutoCAD 2007, ABS 2007, and AutoCAD 2008, but it still does not work in AutoCAD 2008 MEP. I changed mousebuttonpan to 1. You are right, this is better. But shift-right click does nothing at all. I set Mouse Shift-Click properties in Customization menu for button 3 as "Snap menu", but it still does not work.
Any ideas?
Oleg
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Mouse drivers should have their desired button set to 'Middle Button' for Autocad to acknowledge the button press. (mbuttonpan 1 or 0).
I believe the side scroller is an effect from the driver being set to 'Universal Scroll'.
I imagine the assignment in CUI to map button 3 to the osnap menu was missed in 2008.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Sorry, but I have the wheel as "Middle Button" and my Mouse button 3 is assigned for "Snap Menu" in 2008 CUI.
I added "Snap menu" assignment for Shift+Click for buttons 2 and 3, but still no results.
Looks like 2008 MEP CUI rejects any controls involving mouse buttons.
See attached file. None of all these settings are work.
Sincerely,
Oleg.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Is it possible there are other menus attached that have mouse buttons defined?
Our mouse buttons (including middle button) all work properly in MEP2008.
If you right click now (according to your image) you should not get any menus (is this correct?)
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Possible, something wrong with installation, but AutoCAD 2008 has all these controls functioning.
Also, see attached corporate CUI file. None of these settings work.
We will try to find "out of the box" non-edited profile and check if our corporate settings overwrited something.
Sincerely,
Oleg
Message 8 of 12
ctindall

Does your Logitech software allow you to customize your mouse settings for different programs? If so, make sure you are changes for MEP2008 or add the ability to customize the mouse for MEP2008. If you think it is an MEP issue, try a repair.

I prefer to use at least a 5 button mouse (currently an 8 button FX Revolution) with a separate button set to Osnap. This way I don't have to use Shift. I also have buttons for Undo, Qsave, and Mtext. Good Luck!

Chris Tindall, P.E.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you, Chris,
Unfortunately my mouse (Logitech MX1000) does not let me to customize the settings for different programs.
I use four out of six buttons in AutoCAD.
It looks that we have a problem with corporate profile for AutoCAD 2008 MEP. We working on fixing it.
Message 10 of 12
scrupul0us

i have a logitech 5000mx wireless keyboard and mouse package... it was everything i could do to try and get the scroll wheel to pan my drawing when i would click and hold... sometimes it would work, sometimes it would work with a delay and sometimes it did NOTHING...

im using the wireless keyboard with a standard wired dell optical mouse
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for the timely post, I've been dealing with this issue my self. I am using a Dynex mouse, which appears to be fairly limited in how you can customize it. However the "Shift - Right Click" tip works just fine - thanks!
Message 12 of 12
scrupul0us

heh i figured my issue out as well... i had originally set the sidescroll of the wheel to "do nothing" but by setting the side scrolls and the center button itself to "middle button" i always get a pan in my drawings.... hooray!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost