Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP keeps crashing, any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
s.lawrence
431 Views, 1 Reply

MEP keeps crashing, any ideas?

Hi All,

I currently have 4 users and we all have exactly the same spec machines.

We have noticed for a while that one of the machines is very slow-even panning in a drawing can be sluggish, and 3D orbiting is painfully slow.

It's got to the point now that the machine is crashing a lot. For example, we have a file on the system that is a 3D model. I can open it, put it into a 3D view and then apply conceptual view with no problems, and the orbitting is nice and smooth. But if I then take exactly the same steps above on the next machine, it will stop responding and fatal within a minute or two.

I thought to start with it could be the graphic card, so I swapped the cards in my machine and the other but exactly the same thing happened.  Any ideas?

This has been happening for a year or so now. I recently loaded on Design Suite 2014, but the problem has persisted.

We are running 64bit machines, ATI Firepro V5800 graphic cards, 12gb RAM, Intel(R) Xenon(R) CPU 2.40GHz.

Any help would be appreciated.

ta

Stu

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
s.lawrence
in reply to: s.lawrence

Anyone?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost