Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP Snap issue - Can't temporarily turn them off.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
737 Views, 3 Replies

MEP Snap issue - Can't temporarily turn them off.

This is AutoCAD MEP 2013...

I am having issues with MEP snaps. I cannot model a pipe run that is anywhere close to an existing run. If I do it wants to connect to the neighboring run but cannot find the necessary fitting and so it prompts for a part. I don't want to connect to another run. I can do Cntl-F3 to temporarily disable MEP snaps, but it still does this. I have even turned off the MEP snaps (and AutoCAD Snaps) but it still misbehaves.

The only way it will behave is if I delete the neighboring run, finish the new run, then do 'oops' to restore the neighboring run.

Is there something I am missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

If you CTRL-Click when placing your pipe run it will ignore all other entities and just place the pipe.

Message 3 of 4
mdhutchinson
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks!

Is this one documented?

Shouldn't turning the snaps off, or doing Ctrl+F3 work?

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I do not remeber where I read it but I do believe it is in the documentation somewhere.

I believe that mep will try to always connect objects even if the snaps are off.  The snaps just make it easier.  This is probably why there is a CTRL-CLICK option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost